Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Like Letter- I Think Thats What I Like Best.

Dear You,

I didn't even realize you were on my mind until my phone lit up with your name. I smiled, and said to my empty bedroom, "Oh, hello you!"

I like how it's almost impossible for me to keep my emotions to myself while you're telling a story. I want to throw my hands in the air; one to cover my mouth and the other held out in front of me as if to say, Stop! You can't be serious! I like that we both cant help but smile when we look at each other.

"Only if you want to," I say.

"I do, but only if you want to"

"No sir, its up to you"

I like how I don't have to wonder -- or worry, for that matter -- where we're going. We both know its in Gods hands. Not many trust that. I'm proud of us; we're happy just being ourselves; and being ourselves works really great together.

I like how we can say ridiculous things and not be embarrassed. I like that I get to act like I'm living in a movie and you just continue to be the sweetest person. I like that you know the answers I don't, even if I have to pull them out of you. That you let me bust your chops, and you mine. That we grew up a lot, and now we get to be this.

I think maybe that's what I like best.

Like,

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment