Monday, June 7, 2010

Patience is trusting Gods timing. & His timing couldn't have been any more perfect for this situation


As I have stated before I try not to write about the current romantic climate of my life to protect my own interests. Omission saves relationships from too much scrutiny, spares the people themselves from being too aware of my tendencies to over-think, and it protects me from over-exposing a rare but sometimes too-tender heart. BUT for anyone to understand what I'm talking about I first have to say- I met the family.
I met most all of the family. Which I must say was a lot of fun, and I enjoyed myself.
Then the next day I met...the grandpa.
Now don't judge me by this topic but it made a big impression on me.
Some people will need a time line in order to understand or accept how I felt.
I guess I never thought it should matter if I knew this man five days, five years, or only for the five seconds it took for him to hug and kiss me in the same way my grandpa did years ago. It wasn't enough that he looked like my grandpa...he even hugged and kissed me the same way.
I was taken back- with a tinge of sadness; there doesn't have to be a reason or a number to justify that.

I was grandpa's doll. I was the first granddaughter- the one who rode on the tracker with him through the pastures. He bought me my first horse...just because I asked him to. I took his shoes and socks off every night after he came in from a long day. I was the one holding his right hand when he died. He was the only one I hugged around his neck and he gave me a kiss at the same time.

up until that moment.

Always & Forever,

Ann-Anise.

1 comment: