Sunday, June 13, 2010

The LORD will fight for you, you need only be still. Exodus 14:14

We've all been there, the days when you would rather beat your head against the wall than to deal with the reality of whats really going on around you. The fact that I have no control of the outcome, when the situation is about me, puts me under more stress. Still, not as much stress as the week to come. Here comes the waiting...oh joy! The past four days of my life have been this, and the adult world only offers promises of more of the same. Can't we just rewind to just a few days before when life was simple- when things just fell into place without effort? Because that's exactly what it was- effortless, because it fell into place like it was meant to be that way. Feeling sorry for yourself is not an option because it's horribly pointless. You're a big girl! BUT...There's always a but. For me, the emotional byproduct of the situation hasn't been feeling sorry for myself. No woe is me. Rather, it's been an intense feeling of missing, and not understanding. It's not gloomy out right now, which if it was, it would be the perfect backdrop for feeling nostalgic and for casting a perfectly rosy glow on a perfectly imperfect time in my life.

I'm okay with this because I have put things in Gods hands. Most of my prayers have been answered. Today in church I had another question answered, and in my heart I know...He alone knows the outcome, and soon enough I will have other answers I need. I put all of my trust in Him.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Always & Forever,

Ann-Anise.

No comments:

Post a Comment