Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Halfway to Heaven- Brantley Gilbert

For me, it goes without saying that the past two months of 2012 have been a little overwhelming. This is the first time I have had a minute to update my blog and explain so much I have wanted to say.

03/25/2012 Jesse is in a life changing wreck.

04/25/2012 My dad leaves with Journey Community Church Mission Team for the Dominican Republic.

04/27/2012 My nursing supervisor, Cathy Sue Ashmore, passed away at age 58 from a massive heart attack.

04/29/2012 Mine and Zack's one year anniversary.
                   Cathy Sue's viewing in Lincolnton.

04/30/2012 Tanner has surgery at MCG...which went well.
                   Augusta ENT closes at one for Cathy Sue's funeral in Thomson.


CSA: Cathy Sue was my supervisor, teacher, and other mother. The advice she has given me the past four and a half years will forever stay close to heart. This was a shock most still can't understand but I have no choice but to trust God's timing. My mother lost a close friend with the loss of Cathy Sue. I hate my dad was away on his Mission trip and she had to go through some hard days home alone and over the phone with me.

I can still hear Cathy Sue and Dr. Harmon picking with each other. The sound of her voice telling stories about her two children and grandchildren plays over and over in my head. Her laugh and facial expressions...something I could never forget.

AAA: I'm so proud of my dad and the change God has made in his life. The lives he, and the Mission Team, will touch through this trip will be amazing. The experience will change their lives forever. My dad did manage to call and wish my mom happy anniversary since he was absent for that also. This made my moms week so much better considering the situation.

JPW: The night of Jesse's wreck I spent with his family surrounded by the MCG ICU nursing staff keeping him alive through life support. I'm shocked and blessed to be so close to the family that they wanted me in the room with them at that time.When I walked in the room all the air felt like it was sucked out. When the doctor came in and told us that he had less that a 1% chance to survive the night, time seemed to stop. I flashed back...

I went back to open house for 7th grade. Jesse had been at a different school for a few years and was coming back the second year of middle school. I remember walking down the crowded halls with my parents and seeing Jesse's mom. She was beautiful and had the longest, darkest hair I had ever seen. Beside her was Jesse. Even though I hadn't seen him in a few years I knew it was him. He had a leather jacket on and didn't say much as he walked in Mrs. Hill's class as we walked out. We became friends the first day of 7th grade when we were sat by our last names and he was right behind me. Through the years we shared classes where I always sat in front of him due to alphabetical seating charts, he would call during downtime between barrel races when he was in the horse trailer from his mom's cell, we rode horses and dirt roads, spent summers at the lake, stuck it out as friends through a lot of hard times...and that book of things could go on forever but I flashed back to the hospital.

For the first time in my life, I pulled out the miracle card. ( This is the card you don't pull out and pray for except in an extreme life or death emergency. I feel a person only has one, maybe two, of these in a lifetime and should use with caution. If abused more than once or twice, God might not take the situation seriously...hints the boy who cried wolf situation.) That night was my first and maybe only use of the miracle card. My mom always says you should have a relationship with God before the time you are on your knees and begging for his help...and you don't have to worry, a situation will come when you are put on your knees and that's not the time to start a relationship. My relationship with God has grown so much the past two years and I was fully comfortable pulling that card for the first time. I take the use with caution and have never played with the idea of praying for such a big thing in my life. However, this was Jesse and I had no choice but to talk to God, explain the situation(which he already knew), pray for Him to be present in the room, and start begging and pleading for a miracle to come from this situation.

I spent every lunch break, and many evenings, for three weeks by Jesse's side in shock trauma ICU at MCG. He is now in rehabilitation in Atlanta and I can no longer visit as often. His wreck forever changed the lives of so many...including my own.

TLS: My nephew, Tanner had surgery at MCG to correct an issue I will not discuss further. He is doing well and Kristina says he seems back to his normal self. I thank God he was with the doctors,Tanner, Kristina, and Daniel the day of his surgery and things went smoothly.



ZMB: On a brighter note. Despite the craziness of the past two months, Zack stuck by my side. I'm blessed to have a relationship where we both enjoy and appreciate each other so much. We talk all the time, trust, support, take care, and love each other. These are things neither one of us have fully experienced at all times, before we found each other. I can't thank God enough for such an amazing gift.   
 
Be still, and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10


Nise.              

No comments:

Post a Comment