Sunday, May 16, 2010

"You can fool the fans but not the players"

“Faith is not simply a patience that passively suffers until the storm is past. Rather, it is a spirit that bears things- with resignations, yes, but above all, with blazing, serene hope.”  Corazon Aquino

I'm exhausted. In more ways than one. This beach trip was the best get-a-way, and it couldn't have come at a better time.
Our beach trip started out with a bang when we're pulled over by a cop in Millin. He says we were doing 62 in a 35 work zone-but that's another lie to add to the list told. After we sat there 30 min while he called for backup, he wrote two tickets- one for each car, and then we were beach bound...again. We arrived in Tybee between seven thirty and eight that morning. New friends, weather was amazing, and the memories made-priceless. My friends are truly amazing, they're one of a kind, and I would not trade them for anything.
I have always taken great comfort that, regardless of the emotion expressed, you can look at my blog and know I'm being true. We're all so different, but we've also all felt the same at one time or another. There are very FEW things in life that a trip to Tybee cannot fix, but - "You can fool the fans but not the players."- and this slap in the face still hurt when I returned.


Always & Forever,

Ann-Anise.

No comments:

Post a Comment