Saturday, August 1, 2009

Neverland


I stepped over my piles of messiness and crawled into my bed. As I pulled my curly dark hair into a ponytail, I recalled several moments through the week I have tried to leave behind. I said nothing. At the very most the memories were like thoughts of of the Lost Boys. Not classy enough to be Peter Pan, though.

Their are some who would have felt bad, I know, and I would never blame them. But it’s like I said, enough is enough. Even Wendy finally abandoned Neverland when she got tired of the games and the reality that others would never grow up.

Darkness filled the corners of the bedroom. Only the light of my single candle lit parts of the room.
I will never bother to lie about it. Then I will leave, resenting growing up less, because Neverland is a place that requires a certain amount of naiveté to sustain its charm.

And it will be a very long time before I’m able to play make-believe again


Always & Forever,

Ann-Anise <3

No comments:

Post a Comment