Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Needing was so easy: it came naturally, like breathing. Being needed by someone else, though, that was the hard part.


You know that feeling? That feeling when you just want the right thing to fall into the right place, not only because it's right, but because it will mean that such a thing is still possible? I want to believe that.
Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist

          Why does everyone around me seem so certain? I'm not used to being the person confused about answers. However, this state of confusion is becoming more and more familiar as time passes. I frequently have feelings of certainty and clarity that quickly fade as I start to second guess myself. It frustrates me everyone around me can see what I desperately want to set my sights on.
         
          I try. Honestly, I do. I attempt to let my fears go but never fail to stand in my own way--even when I make a conscious effort to move out of my sunlight. Ultimately, I see what I want to see when I'm ready to see it. & when the time is right, I will stop trying over and over to fit a square peg into a round hole. The questions feel like 100lb weights I carry around every day.

ann anise.



No comments:

Post a Comment