Saturday, June 11, 2011

If God brings you to it, He'll bring you through it.

It was happening. I just sat there and watched while my heart broke for her. It was upsetting. I don't understand how the situation has come down to this. I could never understand, even if I tried--which I have.

No one really knows the true inner workings of any relationship. We all speculate, from the outside, about what we are told from others and see for ourselves, but never really know the truth. When eyes and ears are not around to witness events behind closed doors, people are left to their own assumptions. Most all assumptions, in this case, have proven to be wrong. It was not a fairytale, and they are no longer planning to live happily ever after.

This scares me. Everyone I knew had the same exact opinion, about this relationship, as I did. How could we all be so wrong? If it started as a fairytale, why did it fade? No one can answer these questions and people will always continue to surprise me by their lack feelings when dealing with these situations.

You closed your eyes. That was the difference. Sometimes you cannot believe what you see, you have to believe what you feel. And if you are ever going to have other people trust you, you must feel that you can trust them, too -- even when you’re in the dark. Even when you’re falling.
Mitch Albom, Tuesdays with Morrie


ann anise.

No comments:

Post a Comment