Thursday, March 19, 2009

Running Away


When I was a little girl I never realized the multitude of problems life would throw at me, or the types of problems I could and would get myself into. When everyone said life wasn’t easy, and to take my time, I just didn’t know to what extent they were talking about. I was oblivious to words of advice but not to things going on around me, not by a long shot.

When I was growing up I always thought running away would be the best thing that I could make happen for myself. I could be free. I thought of this amazing life away from the close knit town I had come to know and be apart of so well. I pictured this lavish life covering up everything I was running from.

Ha, at the time I was only what, twelve? To think of that now sounds crazy but I can understand the running away part. I still walk away from most things that bother me. It is better for me to walk away than to face something so hard at the time. Thats sad. You should always face your problems and never run away.

Im still working on that one.

Despite everything I’d always believed, running away from things is actually really hard to do. It’s the aftermath that causes all the agony.
Nothing about leaving baggage is easy. Nothing.
Always & Forever-
Ann-Anise <3

No comments:

Post a Comment