Sunday, September 15, 2013

I am a mom.

I am a mom...

I am a daughter, granddaughter, sister, cousin, aunt, friend, niece, employee, lover/girlfriend, writer, cook, driver, cleaner...and the list goes on...but most of all I am a mom.

It means so much. It changes everything.

I now reside in a body I do not recognize with a jean size I never thought I would fit into. I smell like spit up, sour milk, and maple syrup. I no longer eat cereal or many dairy products. I would be lying if I said my self esteem did not take a leap off the cliff after birth. Things that used to matter no longer take up space in my mind...they have been replaced with a whole new set of fears and concerns. My boobs are so enlarged from breastfeeding most of my shirts no longer fit. My wardrobe is now very limited. My day progresses during nap time and pauses every moment in between. Some days are harder than others but each day I count my blessings and thank God. I thank Him for an amazing family, friends, a sweet and adorable son, and a great father and man for my son and I. I can no longer make plans like I used to because I can no longer see past today...maybe this is a good thing. My need for control has been mellowed very much. This is all still so new to me...and I'm doing the best I can.

Ann Anise.

No comments:

Post a Comment